Drug Crimes Attorney Proudly Serving Orange County, Texas
There Is No Substitute For Experience When Faced With a Drug Crimes Charge
In Texas, drug possession and drug crimes are taken very seriously. If a person is found to be in possession of an illicit drug, that person can face jail or prison time, probation, fines, and mandatory treatment. In addition, even with a prescription, a person can face drug charges if the drug is not kept in the proper prescription bottle.
Retaining an experienced drug crimes lawyer with a proven history of success is key to your defense, your freedom, and your future. It is extremely important that you hire an Orange County, Texas attorney who is familiar with the local courts, judges, and other attorneys. Attorney Jim Sharon Bearden, Jr. has over 23 years’ experience protecting the rights of his clients. He serves Orange County, Texas as both an attorney and a judge and is a proven, trial-tested lawyer that will fight for your best outcome.
- Jim Sharon was recently voted the Best Attorney in Orange, Texas by the Orange Leader Reader’s Choice Awards
As a top drug possession attorney, Jim Sharon Bearden, Jr., has an unparalleled record in successfully defending drug possession cases in Orange County, Texas.
- Jim Sharon has had no jury trial losses since 2000
Some Of The Drug Crimes Defended By The Bearden Law Firm Include The Following:
- Drug possession
- Drug paraphernalia
- Distribution of a controlled substance
- Possession with intent to manufacture
- Juvenile drug crimes
Why Do You Need An Exceptional Drug Crimes Attorney In Your Corner?
The answer to why you need Orange County, Texas’s leading drug crimes defense attorney is simple. If you have been accused of a drug crime such as drug possession, you are likely worried about what will happen to you and how it will affect your loved ones. When your freedom and your future are at stake, experience is of tremendous importance. This is not a time to choose an attorney that is learning on your dime.
Time in jail or prison is an outcome that no one wants to face, but drug crime convictions can have other serious consequences that affect your life. These collateral consequences consist of penalties imposed upon the convicted by society because of the conviction record.
Collateral Consequences Of A Drug Crimes Conviction
- A judge can consider priors conviction and impose a stricter punishment for a future crime
- Criminal background checks make finding a job much more difficult
- You may have difficulty obtaining child custody or child visitation rights
- Mortgage bankers and landlords run criminal background checks before agreeing to a loan or lease making obtaining housing more challenging
- You may face suspension, denial, or revocation of a professional license including but not limited to a medical license, nursing license, CPA license, real estate license, pilot’s license, teaching license, and SEC securities licenses
- You may experience difficulty getting admitted to some colleges or securing financial aid, grants, and scholarships
- Felony drug convictions lead to the loss of your right to own and use a firearm
- Felony drug convictions lead to the loss of your voting rights
This list is quite extensive and makes it clear that a drug crime record can have a serious impact on your quality of life now and in the future.
Repeat Offender Consequences and What You Can Do
In Texas if you have a prior conviction, you may face stricter penalties in future sentencing. Once you are convicted of two or more felonies, regardless of the state where you were convicted, you will be labeled a “habitual offender”. This label has serious consequences as judges are more likely to impose tougher penalties during sentencing.
You may face more jail or prison time and steeper fines, along with limited options for probation or early release from incarceration.
Proving a criminal charge depends mostly on the facts and evidence put before a judge and jury. Successfully defending against a criminal charge depends heavily on the skill level of the attorney, his or her knowledge of the local courts, judges, and attorneys, and capacity to develop a strong strategy for your defense.
Attorney Jim Sharon Bearden will work directly with you to formulate a defense plan based on your specific circumstances.
Contact a Compassionate Local Orange Attorney That Will Fight For Your Rights
Jim Sharon knows you are not your mistakes and fully believes you are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Whether you committed a crime or not he will fight tirelessly to prevent your conviction. Jim Sharon knows the Orange County, Texas legal system inside and out. He knows the judges, the court system, and the prosecutors.